START DATE: May, 2021
Closure and loss of access to climbing at Grassi Lakes.
Timing for trail work at Grassi Lakes is becoming more clear and access will be impacted again this season. Here is a synopsis of the work as per Alberta Parks:
• expand and formalize the Grassi Lakes main parking lot
• refurbish portions of the Grassi Lakes trail
• formalize the Grassi Lakes overflow parking lot
• provide a road crossing and trail connection between the overflow and main lots
• provide separation and washroom facilities between the climber’s lot and the Smith Dorrien Trail
• expand and formalize the main Goat Creek parking lot
• replace two bridges on Goat Creek trail
The work is underway as of April 1st and is expected to last until the end of the 2022.